Uh, oh. This past week we might have experienced a slip…a bit of a Backslide* even.
This week both Sara and Mike review Superman/Wonder Woman Volume 1: Power Couple written by Charles Soule. And, well…ouch.
Is this the end? Is Sara done? Well. No. As we all know she has more tolerance than that (S: ahem, GreenArrowmorethanmakesupforthattimeImadeyouwatchXanadu). [M: No it doesn’t honey.] Tune in to hear how someone managed to write a story that made Sara dislike Wonder Woman (something we didn’t believe was possible) and how she feels about slogging through a teen angst story. And of course a whole bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with comic books but is still somewhat related so we feel totally justified slipping it into this podcast. [M: Does it really matter? How many people could possibly be listening?]
Episode 06: listen here
- Gail Simone’s “baby crazy” run on Wonder Woman
- Brian Azzarello’s “gods be crazy” run on Wonder Woman
- Lego Monster Fighters (which has overrun our house)
- Wonder Woman (1977) TV show vs the retread comic: who will walk out of Thunderdome?
- AIM goons be the butt of all our jokes
- Bumbling ninjas on Arrow are pretty much this:
* If you are not familiar with Dan Backslide the former sneak of Roquefort Hall, coward, bully, cad, and thief, and arch enemy of the Dover boys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpOPyjmB8SI