Surprised the heck out of us too! Big fat kudos to Warren Ellis for some damned good writing no matter how you slice it (I’m sure he needs our kudos. I’m guessing he’s very insecure. No? Hm.). Anyway, Freakangels has saved the comic-reading-day. And a “not too shabby” goes out to Rick Remender for Black Science so far (3 issues in). Wow right? Project-Get-Sara-Into-Comics is back on track! At least for now…
ruined discussed some television!
In a nutshell:
- Gotham – still not interested. Maybe we will circle back to it. As a result, no spoilers. Mike’s rant, however? Very funny. (Behold Ranty-Mike in the pic above).
- Supernatural – back on top with some creative writing.
- Sleepy Hollow – reserving our backlog of episodes for the summer. No spoilers.
- Arrow – the show is still sucking and Mike is still watching. Some spoilers.
- Constantine – we feel it is a solid “not horrible” (a.k.a. “I’ve seen worse”), but don’t hold out much hope it will be back on the air. We smell cancellation in the wind. Mild spoilers.
- Daredevil – WOW THIS SHOW IS AWESOME SO FAR (and a little graphic too – heads up…um, pun not intended). Some spoilers although we are only 3 (or 4?) episodes in.
And we are peeing ourselves in excited anticipation of Age of Ultron
. The big question: to-3D or not-to-3D? As usual people on Reddit
have a lot to say about it and you can’t draw a damned conclusion from all of the conflicting opinions. How useful.
Oh, and one correction! Booger was in the film Revenge of the Nerds, not Animal House. Wow. Sara messed up the name of something. Big surprise.
And last, but not least, of course you want to see the Lego figures we mentioned. Of course.
This podcast needs to start with an apology. Wow. We didn’t edit, but we should have. We know it. Our heads are hanging in shame that even at episode 10 we haven’t gotten better at this. In fact we have managed to get worse.
So if you would like to hear us deal with our bratty dogs (okay, it was really just one of them), and maybe a few comments here and there about comics, by all means tune in.
In between the dog antics here is what we managed to toss a few words out about:
- TV Series Gotham (Up to the Mid-Season finale – whatever the hell that is – Episode 10 “Lovecraft”.) I have a theory about who killed Bruce Wayne’s parents. Whether they decide to “re-write” it remains to be seen, but if you paid attention (or re-watch it) it seems like it was at least this particular actor they used to do the deed, who plays Butch Gilzean from Fish Mooney’s camp:
- TV series The Arrow (because Mike hates all of us).
- And the shitastic Spiderman movie with big-head long-neck.
- Seriously though, the show was really about this little brat:
P.S. This post is sadly missing the acerbic voice of Mike. He’s been suppressing his rage and fighting with code and dealing with a very big project in Real Life. Man, that Real Life sucks sometimes. He will be back next time…although, maybe he just doesn’t want to be associated with the worst podcast to ever be recorded. Evil freaking genius.
This one went a little off the rails…so I guess it was just another “normal” show. [M: Yeah, we should never use the word “normal” in our own context.] We managed to have some good solid discussions of a couple of volume 2s though: “Aquaman: The Others” by Geoff Johns and “Wonder Woman: Guts” by Brian Azzarello.
That’s right. Sara liked some comics enough to read some volume 2s (or at least trusted Mike enough in the case of Aquaman). [M: We shouldn’t use the word “trust” in our own context either.]
And then of course we talked a whole lotta television. Listen. We are at Episode 8. If you don’t know there are spoilers by now…well, carry on, because we are incredibly ham-handed with spoilers and if you haven’t picked up on this yet then you never will. Listen with impunity if that’s the case.
If you do care about spoilers, here is a list of the shows we talked about, and how far along we are with them. You can avoid listening to the podcast until you’ve caught up to us. Or maybe have half a chance understanding what the heck we are talking about because we make no effort to express ourselves with any real clarity. [M: Speak for yourself – I make a concerted effort to speak with mis-clarity.]
- Gotham: through episode 7 “Penguin’s Umbrella”
- The Flash: through episode 4 “Going Rogue”
- Supernatural: through season 10 (holy shit!) episode 4 “Paper Moon”
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: through season 2 episode 5 “A Hen in the Wolf House”
- Constantine: through episode 3 “The Devil’s Vinyl”
- Rex Smith
- Kristi MacNichol (Oops! Turns out it was Denise Miller in the 1979 film “Sooner or Later.” )
- Leif Garrett (upper right corner, but I couldn’t resist this magical montage of heart throbs!)
- Wonder Woman: Volume 3 “Iron”
- Gotham Central: Volume 1
- And of course the Jizz-tastic Sex Criminals